We have begun a search for an EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR for the Dumbarton Oaks Park Conservancy in Washington, DC
The position will begin in July 2019.
The ideal candidate for the Executive Director is:
- A dynamic communicator able to promote the Park’s mission to current and prospective supporters and enrich relationships with area schools and community organizations.
- An experienced administrator or professional with an entrepreneurial mindset.
- A collaborative leader with experience in building a cohesive leadership team and an ability to develop an effective partnership with the Board of Directors.
- A decisive manager able to advise and supervise staff and volunteers.
- A skilled executive able to effectively manage operations, including budget articulation, while working with the board on a plan for long-term success.
- A passionate and inspirational leader who embraces Dumbarton Oaks Park Conservancy’s commitment to restoring and improving the Park and its importance to the broader community.
Applications will be reviewed as received with ongoing interviews. Round 1 applicant pool closes February 18, 2019. Early applicants are encouraged. This schedule could be accelerated. Round 2 applicant pool closes March 15. Application materials should be emailed to: Dr. Jane R. Snider at firstname.lastname@example.org and include the following: (1) a cover letter explaining the candidate’s interest in and qualifications for this position and interest in the Conservancy; (2) a current resume, including phone numbers and e-mail address; (3) the names, email addresses, and telephone numbers of five professional references and one’s relationship to the candidate. All materials, inquiries, and nominations will be held in strict confidence at this time.